Chickenpox Vaccine:What is Chicken pox vaccine varicella?
Chicken pox vaccine varicella is a vaccine given as a shot to children for protection against the varicella-zoster virus, as people are mostly opting for an advanced combination vaccine, we can take chickenpox vaccine immunization as the best option for stimulating the immune system and to give the child an additional protection against the Varicella Virus that causes chicken pox.
In general Varicella vaccine is recommended to give the kids in doses, i.e. the first dose after the 12 months of age of a baby and the second dose after 4 or 6 years of age. As we know that vaccines are safe enough, it’s quite better to have chickenpox scheduled vaccine, incase if an individual does not had vaccine, or does not had any chickenpox at 1 year of age or older, obviously requires blood test for checking the antibodies against varicella virus.
Why people need Chickenpox varicella?
Chickenpox is highly life threatening contagious disease that can spread by direct contact or through air by sneezing or by coughing and most complications do occur only in infants, adults and in individuals with weakened immune system. Now the question that arises is, whether children are required to get a chickenpox vaccination? As children entering the schools, colleges show less resistance to chickenpox illness, it’s recommended for all children under the age of 13 to have chickenpox vaccine.
Complications of chickenpox
• Scarring –it leaves pockmark scars on the skin
• cellulites – causes bacterial infection of the skin
• pneumonia – infection and inflammation of the lungs in adults
• encephalitis – inflammation in brain
• bleeding disorders
Side effects of chickenpox vaccine
• Contained pain
• redness and swelling at the injection site
• injection-site lump that lasts for few weeks (treatment is not needed)
• mild temperature of about 39 ˚C
How is the chickenpox vaccine given?
Chickenpox vaccine is given as two separate injections, usually at upper arm four to eight weeks apart.
What are the symptoms of chickenpox?
• Spreading of itchy rashes from the torso to the neck, face and limbs
• Loss of appetite or feeding problems
• High temperature (fever), aches and headache often start after rashes appear
• a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or over
For Chickenpox vaccination Hyderabad and to get more information like chickenpox Vaccine cost, schedule and on chickenpox vaccination in Hyderabad, India, feel free to make a dial at: +91-9347480077, +91-8008935935 or to visit MM international health clinic Pvt Ltd.